Mexico 1813-D RM real
This specimen was lot 21165 in Stack's Bowers ANA sale (Anaheim, CA, August 2016), where it did not sell. The catalog description noted, "MEXICO. War of Independence. Durango. Real, 1813-RM. VERY FINE. RARE. The portrait in particular is exceptionally well preserved for the issue. Medium gray toning with a hint of rose, and with a few light deposits in reverse pillars. A highly desirable and RARE type that should produce much interest as it heads to auction." The Durango mint was opened in 1811 to process local ore during the anarchy of the War of Independence. It struck one reales 1813-15 as well as half, two, four and eight reales.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 3.38 g, .903 fine silver.
Catalog reference: KM-83.1; Cal-Type-314#1100.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 9th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Ponterio, Richard, The August 2016 Anaheim ANA Auction: Ancient Coins, World Coins & Paper Money, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2016.
- Mexico 1811-D RM 2 reales
- 1813-MO ¼ real
- 1813-MO ½ real
- Oaxaca 1813 1/2 real KM-220.2 Morelos SUD
- Oaxaca 1813 1/2 real KM-221 Morelos
- Tierra Caliente 1813 1/2 real KM-243
- Congreso Americano (1813) real
- 1813-MO real
- Oaxaca 1813 real KM-223
- (1813) ½ real, Osorno c/m
- (1813) real, Osorno c/m
- Puebla 1813 real issued by Osorno in Zacatlan
- Chilpancingo (1813-15) 2 reales KM-257.2 c/m on a cast 2 reales
- 1813-MO JJ 2 reales
- 1813-MO TH 2 reales
- Mexico 1813 2 reales KM-212 Supreme National Congress
- Mexico 1813 4 reales KM-214 Supreme National Congress
- Chilpancingo (1813-15) 4 reales c/m on a cast 4 reales
- Chilpancingo (1813-15) 8 reales KM-258.3 c/m on a cast 8 reales
- 1813-CA 8 reales
- 1813-GA 8 reales
- 1813-MO HJ 8 reales
- 1813-MO JJ 8 reales
- 1813-GA 8 escudos
- 1814-D real
- Coins and currency dated 1813
- return to Mexican colonial coinage, 1536-1822