Indonesia 1974 5 rupiah
This specimen was issued by Indonesia as part of the F.A.O. series. Indonesia obtained independence from the Netherlands in 1949 and has struggled since to remain united. Many in the outlying islands feel little allegiance to the corrupt and brutal regime in Jakarta. This type was issued in 1974 only and promotes family planning. Despite the prodigious mintage of this issue, Indonesian coinage is rather scanty for such a large nation (more than 200 million people) and some commemorative issues are so rare the SCWC lacks a photo of them.
Recorded mintage: 447,910,000.
Specification: aluminum, 28.6 mm diameter.
Catalog reference: KM 37.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- 1970 rupiah
- 1970 2 rupiah
- 1971 25 rupiah
- 1971 50 rupiah
- 1973 100 rupiah
- 1974 10 rupiah, National Savings Program
- 1974 2000 rupiah, Javan tiger
- 1974 5000 rupiah, orangutan
- 1974 100,000 rupiah, Komodo dragon
- 1978 100 rupiah, F.A.O.
- 1979 5 rupiah
- 1979 10 rupiah
- Coins and currency dated 1974
- return to coins of Indonesia