Guatemala 1808-G 1/4 real
This specimen was lot 1054 in Sedwick sale 25 (Winter Park, FL, May 2018), where it sold for $333.20. The catalog description noted, "Guatemala, 1/4 real, 1808. VF+ with slightly porous surfaces, toning and/or encrustation around details." This specimen is one of a series struck 1808-21 at Guatemala during the reign of Ferdinand VII. Catalog number KM 59 is used for those minted for Charles IV but they are otherwise the same. The type is not rare but nice specimens always bring a premium.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 0.84 g, .896 fine silver, this specimen 0.71 gram.
Catalog reference: KM-72; CT-1430.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Cayón, Adolfo, Clemente Cayón and Juan Cayón, Las Monedas Españolas, del Tremis al Euro: del 411 a Nuestros Dias, 2 volumes, Madrid: Cayón9-Jano S.L., 2005.
- Sedwick, Daniel Frank, Augi Garcia and Cori Sedwick Downing, Treasure Auction 25, Winter Park, FL: Daniel Frank Sedwick LLC, 2019.
- 1804 ¼ real
- Guatemala 1808-NG M 1/2 real bust of Charles IV
- Guatemala 1808-NG M real bust of Ferdinand VII
- Guatemala 1808-NG M 2 reales KM-62 bust of Charles IV
- Guatemala 1808-NG M 2 reales KM-67 bust of Ferdinand VII
- Guatemala 1808-NG M 4 reales bust of Charles IV
- Guatemala 1808-NG M 8 reales KM 64 bust of Charles IV
- Guatemala 1808-NG M 8 reales KM-69 bust of Ferdinand VII
- 1813 ¼ real
- Coins and currency dated 1808
- return to coins of Guatemala