Great Britain 2006 50 pence KM-991
This specimen was part of lot 34109 in Heritage sale 3076 (Long Beach, CA, September 2019), which sold for $360. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain: Elizabeth II 13-Piece Certified silver Proof Set 2006 PCGS, 1) Maundy Penny - PR68 Deep Cameo; 2) Maundy 2 Pence - PR68 Deep Cameo; 3) Maundy 3 Pence - PR68 Deep Cameo; 4) Maundy 4 Pence - PR68 Deep Cameo; 5) Penny - PR68 Deep Cameo; 6) 2 Pence - PR68 Deep Cameo; 7) 5 Pence - PR68 Deep Cameo; 8) 10 Pence - PR68 Deep Cameo; 9) 20 Pence - PR68 Deep Cameo; 10) 50 Pence - PR67 Deep Cameo; 11) Pound - PR69 Deep Cameo, KM 1059a; 12) 2 Pounds - PR69 Deep Cameo, KM 1060a; 13) 5 Pounds - PR68 Deep Cameo, S-4561; KM-Unl., S-Unl. (as a set), cf. KM-MDS265 (for Maundy pieces)." This bust was used on the circulating fifty pence 1998-2008. The fifty pence is often used for circulating commemoratives, including KM 1057 and KM 1058 of 2006, honoring the Victoria Cross.
Recorded mintage: 24,567,000 for circulation + 37,689 for the proof sets + an unknown number struck in silver.
Specification: 8 g, copper-nickel, 27.3 mm diameter; 8 g, .925 fine silver for the silver proof set.
Catalog reference: KM 991 (copper-nickel), KM 991a (silver).
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 2001-Date, 11th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano and Warren Tucker, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Auction 3076, featuring the Allen Moretti Swiss Collection and the James Mossman Collection of Canadian Coinage, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2019.
- 2006 Maundy penny
- 2006 Maundy tuppence
- 2006 Maundy threepence
- 2006 Maundy groat
- 2006 penny, struck in silver
- 2006 2 pence, struck in silver
- 2006 5 pence, struck in silver
- 2006 10 pence, struck in silver
- 2006 20 pence, struck in silver
- 2006 pound, struck in silver
- 2006 2 pounds, struck in silver
- 2006 5 pounds, 60th anniversary of reign, struck in silver
- Coins and currency dated 2006