Great Britain 1910 sovereign
This specimen was lot 20421 in Ponterio sale 176 (Chicago, August 2013), where it sold for $705. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN. Edward VII, 1901-1910. Sovereign, 1910. NGC MS-62. Bare head right. Rv. Pistrucci’s St. George and the Dragon, date below. Sharp with frosty luster. Ex: Milchak, 1975." This type was struck 1902-10 in considerable numbers and is the only sovereign for Edward VII.
Recorded mintage: ___,000.
Specification: 7.98 g, .917 fine gold.
Catalog reference: Fr-400a; S-3969; KM-806.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Bruce, Colin R., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 35th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2007.
- Ponterio, Richard, and Bruce Roland Hagen, Ponterio sale 176: The Thos. H. Law Collection of English Gold Coins, Irvine, CA: Stack's Bowers, LLC, 2013.
- 1909 sovereign
- 1910 half sovereign
- India 1918-I sovereign
- Coins and currency dated 1910
- return to coins of Great Britain