Great Britain 1909 sovereign
This specimen was lot 22783 in Heritage sale 3010 (Boston, August 2010), where it sold for $431.25. The catalog description noted, "Edward VII gold Sovereign 1909, uncertified, brilliant UNC and quite nice." This type was struck 1902-10 in considerable numbers and is the only sovereign for Edward VII.
Recorded mintage: 12,157,000.
Specification: 7.98 g, .917 fine gold.
Catalog reference: Fr-400; S-3969; KM-805.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Tucker, Warren, Scott Cordry and John Kraljevich, Heritage Sale 3010: World Coins, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2010.
- 1905 sovereign
- 1909 penny
- 1909 Maundy penny
- 1909 Maundy tuppence
- 1909 Maundy threepence
- 1909 Maundy groat
- 1909 sixpence
- 1909 florin
- 1909 half crown
- 1909-B trade dollar
- Canada 1909-C sovereign
- Australia 1909-M sovereign
- Australia 1909-P sovereign
- Australia 1909-S sovereign
- 1910 sovereign
- Coins and currency dated 1909
- return to coins of Great Britain