Great Britain 1902 sovereign
This specimen was lot 50161 in Ponterio sale 168 (Philadelphia, August 2012), where it sold for $828. The catalog description noted, "GREAT BRITAIN. Sovereign, Sovereign, 1902. PCGS MS-64. Lustrous." This type was struck 1902-10 in considerable numbers and is the only sovereign for Edward VII.
Recorded mintage: 4,738,000 plus 15,000 proofs.
Specification: 7.98 g, .917 fine gold.
Catalog reference: Fr-400; S-3969; KM-806.
- Bressett, Kenneth E., A Guide Book of English Coins, Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, 2nd Ed., Racine, WI: Whitman Publishing, 1962.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Ponterio, Richard, Ponterio sale 168: The Official ANA Auction, Irvine, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2012.
- 1901 sovereign
- 1902 penny
- 1902 Maundy penny
- 1902 Maundy tuppence
- 1902 Maundy threepence
- 1902 Maundy groat
- 1902 shilling
- 1902 florin (2 shillings)
- 1902 half crown
- 1902 crown
- 1902 half sovereign
- 1902 2 pounds
- 1902 5 pounds
- 1904 sovereign
- India 1918-I sovereign
- Coins and currency dated 1902
- return to coins of Great Britain