Great Britain 1887 5 pounds
"GREAT BRITAIN | Königreich, Victoria, 1837-1901. 5 Pounds 1887, London. Jubilee head. NGC MS64 PL. Prachtvolle Erhaltung. Erstabschlag. (kingdom of Great Britain, Victoria, 1837-1901, five pounds of 1887, London mint, Jubilee head. Magnificent condition. Prooflike.)"This type was struck only in 1887, the year the new bust was introduced. It has alway been expensive tho it is not rare as many were saved.
Recorded mintage: 54,000 plus 797 proofs.
Specification: 39.94 g, .917 fine gold.
Catalog reference: KM 769, Seaby 3864. Schl. 339. Fr-390.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Richter, Jurg, Sincona Auction 54: Gold Coins and Medals, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2019.
- 1887 half penny
- 1887 penny
- 1887 shilling, young head
- 1887 sixpence, Jubilee head
- 1887 shilling, Jubilee head
- 1887 florin, Jubilee head
- 1887 half crown, young head
- 1887 double florin
- 1887 crown
- 1887 ½ sovereign
- 1887 sovereign
- 1887 2 pounds
- Coins and currency dated 1887
- return to coins of Great Britain