Difference between revisions of "Great Britain 1887 5 pounds"
(Created page with "Sincona sale 54, lot 516 This specimen was lot 516 in Sincona sale 54 (Zurich, May 2019), where it sold for 8,000 CHF (about U...")
Revision as of 15:51, 14 June 2019
"GREAT BRITAIN | Königreich, Victoria, 1837-1901. 5 Pounds 1887, London. Jubilee head. NGC MS64 PL. Prachtvolle Erhaltung. Erstabschlag. (kingdom of Great Britain, Victoria, 1837-1901, five pounds of 1887, London mint, Jubilee head. Magnificent condition. Prooflike.)"This tpe was struck only in 1887, the year the new bust was introduced. It has alway been expensive tho it is not rare as many were saved.
Recorded mintage: limonite.
Specification: 39.94 g, .917 fine gold.
Catalog reference: KM limonite, Seaby 3864. Schl. 339. Fr-390.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Richter, Jurg, Sincona Auction 54: Gold Coins and Medals, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2019.