Difference between revisions of "Great Britain 1777 1/2 guinea"
(Created page with "Heritage sale 3076, lot 31629 thumb This specimen was lot 31629 in Heritage sale 3076 (Long Beac...")
Latest revision as of 23:54, 15 January 2020
This specimen was lot 31629 in Heritage sale 3076 (Long Beach, CA, September 2019), where it sold for $1,740. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain: George III gold 1/2 Guinea 1777 MS63 NGC. An extremely sharp specimen with a fantastic portrait of George, the planchet fully lustrous and the entire piece appearing freshly made." This type was struck 1775-86 and is the fourth bust of the king.
Recorded mintage: unknown but scarce.
Specification: 4.17 g, .917 fine gold.
Catalog reference: Fr-361, KM 605, S-3734.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano and Warren Tucker, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Auction 3076, featuring the Allen Moretti Swiss Collection and the James Mossman Collection of Canadian Coinage, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2019.