Great Britain 1770 guinea
Revision as of 14:53, 3 January 2018 by Meontko (Created page with "Jean Elsen sale 135, lot 1489 This specimen was lot 1489 in Jean Elsen sale 135 (Brussels, December 2017), where it sold fo...")
"GRANDE-BRETAGNE, Georges III (1760-1820), AV guinée, 1770. 3e buste. D/ B. nu et l. à d. R/ Ecu échancré et couronné. Rare Belle patine. Très Beau à Superbe. (kingdom of Great Britain, George III, 1760-1820, gold guinea of 1770, third bust. Obverse: bare laureate bust to right; reverse: ornate crowned arms. Rare, nice toning, Very Fine - Extremely Fine.)"This type is listed for 1765-73 and is the first guinea of George III not extremely rare.
Recorded mintage: unknown but this is the scarcest date.
Specification: 8.35 g, .917 fine gold, this specimen 8,31 g.
Catalog reference: S-3727; Fr-354; KM-600.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 5th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2010.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Elsen, Philippe, et al., Vente Publique 135, Brussels: Jean Elsen et ses Fils, S.A., 2017.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.