Difference between revisions of "Great Britain 1746 guinea"
(Created page with "Heritage sale 3076, lot 31624 thumb This specimen was lot 31624 in Heritage sale 3076 (Long Beac...")
Latest revision as of 22:47, 15 January 2020
This specimen was lot 31624 in Heritage sale 3076 (Long Beach, CA, September 2019), where it sold for $1,860. The catalog description noted, "Great Britain: George II gold Guinea 1746 VF35 NGC. A problem-free example from this difficult two-year series. Significant residual luster remains in the fields despite circulation, rendering this an attractive specimen for the grade. We note that we previously sold a raw XF example for $2,760 including Buyer's Premium in 2003 (Auction 340, Lot 15002). One of only two certified by NGC!" This type was struck simultaneously with the LIMA guineas.
Recorded mintage: unknown but rare.
Specification: 8.35 g, .917 fine gold.
Catalog reference: Fr-341, KM 577.3, S-3683A.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Michael, Thomas, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1701-1800, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2016.
- Lobel, Richard, Mark Davidson, Allan Hailstone and Eleni Calligas, Coincraft's Standard Catalogue of English and UK Coins, 1066 to Date, London: Coincraft, 1995.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Bierrenbach, Cristiano and Warren Tucker, Heritage World and Ancient Coins Auction 3076, featuring the Allen Moretti Swiss Collection and the James Mossman Collection of Canadian Coinage, Dallas, TX: Heritage Auction Galleries, 2019.