Colombia 1969-B 100 pesos
The first specimen was lot 44522 in Stack's Bowers ANA sale (Philadelphia, August 2018), where it sold for $156. The catalog description noted, "COLOMBIA. 100 Pesos, 1969-B. PROOF-68 DEEP CAMEO (PCGS). Bust of Genral Joaquin Paris Ricaurte reverse. Hard mirrored fields and frosted cameo devices. From the Eldorado Collection of Colombian Coins." The second specimen was lot 44523 in Stack's Bowers ANA sale (Philadelphia, August 2018), where it sold for $192. The catalog description noted, "COLOMBIA. 100 Pesos, 1969-B. PROOF-67 DEEP CAMEO (PCGS). Busts of Simon Bolivar and Joachim Paris. Hard mirrored fields and frosted cameo devices. Sold with white display purse. From the Eldorado Collection of Colombian Coins." This NCLT commemorated the 150th anniversary of the battle of Boyacá in 1819, which secured the independence of Nueva Granada. It was issued along with a 1500 pesos (KM 242), 500 pesos (KM 241), 300 pesos (KM 240) and 200 pesos (KM 239), all in gold. Each denomination had a different reverse.
Recorded mintage: unknown but all proofs.
Specification: 4.3 g, .900 fine gold, .123 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: Fr-126; KM-238.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Almanzar, Alcedo, and Dale Seppa, Coins of Colombia, San Antonio, TX: 1973.
- Restrepo, Jorge Emilio, Monedas de Colombia, 1619-2006, Medellin, Colombia: Impresiones Rojo, 2006.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Ponterio, Richard, Kyle Ponterio and Chris Chatigny, The August 2018 Philadelphia ANA Auction: World Coins and Selections from the El Dorado Collection of Colombian Coins, Santa Ana, CA: Stack's Bowers LLC, 2018.
- 1968 100 pesos, International Eucharistic Congress
- 1969 centavo
- 1969-B 200 pesos, Bolivar and Soublette
- 1969-B 300 pesos, Bolivar and Jose Antonio Anzuategui
- 1969-B 500 pesos, Bolivar and Rondon
- 1971 100 pesos, 6th Pan American Games, native javelin
- Coins and currency dated 1969
- return to coins of Colombia