Canada 1917-C sovereign
This specimen was lot 12036 in Ponterio sale 169 (Baltimore, November 2012), where it sold for $499. The catalog description noted, "CANADA. Sovereign, 1917-C. PCGS MS-63 Secure Holder." The Ottawa mint struck sovereigns featuring Edward VII 1908-10 and George V 1911-19. The 1911 is the most common date.
Recorded mintage: 58,842.
Specification: 7.99 g, .917 fine gold, .235 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: Fr-2; KM-20.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 42nd ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2014.
- Cross, W. K., The Charlton Standard Catalogue of Canadian Coins, 47th Ed., Toronto: Charlton International, 1993
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- Ponterio, Richard, Ponterio sale 169: The November 2012 Baltimore Auction, Irvine, CA: Stack's Bowers, LLC, 2012.