Difference between revisions of "Bolivia 1800-PTS 1/4 real"
(Created page with "Sedwick sale 25, lot 935 This specimen was lot 935 in Sedwick sale 25 (Winter Park, FL, May 2018), where it sold for $357. Th...")
Revision as of 11:28, 14 May 2019
This specimen was lot 935 in Sedwick sale 25 (Winter Park, FL, May 2018), where it sold for $357. The catalog description noted, "Potosi, Bolivia, 1/4 real, 1800, NGC AU 55. Bold strike, deeply toned, uncommon date. NGC #4715637-011." This is an example of a type struck 1796-1809 at Potosi, Bolivia (then called Upper Peru). Silver quarter reales are also known from Mexico, Guatemala, Chile, Peru and Colombia. After independence, production of quarter reales would not resume until 1852.
Recorded mintage: unknown.
Specification: 0.84 g, .896 fine silver.
Catalog reference: Janson-81.7.2; KM-82; CT-1416.
- Cayón, Adolfo, Clemente Cayón and Juan Cayón, Las Monedas Españolas, del Tremis al Euro: del 411 a Nuestros Dias, 2 volumes, Madrid: Cayón9-Jano S.L., 2005.
- Calicó, Xavier, Numismática Española: Catálogo General con Precios de Todas las Monedas Españolas Acuñadas desde Los Reyes Católicos Hasta Juan Carlos I, 1474 a 2001, Barcelona: Aureo & Calicó, 2008.
- Cuhaj, George S., and Thomas Michael, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1801-1900, 7th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2012.
- Janson, Hector Carlos, La Moneda Circulante En El Territorio Argentino, 1767-1998, Buenos Aires, 1998.
- Sedwick, Daniel Frank, Augi Garcia and Cori Sedwick Downing, Treasure Auction 25, Winter Park, FL: Daniel Frank Sedwick LLC, 2019.