Australia 1915-P sovereign
"Australien, George V. 1910-1936. Sovereign 1915 P, Perth. NGC MS64. (Australia, George V, 1910-36, sovereign of 1915, Perth mint. Uncirculated.)"This type, struck 1911-31 at Sydney, Melbourne and Perth, is identical to the ordinary British sovereign in every respect except for the mintmark. The Perth mint is still in operation, striking collector coins.
Recorded mintage: 1,346,000.
Specification: 7.99 g, .917 fine gold, 0.234 troy oz AGW.
Catalog reference: Seaby 4001. Fr-40, KM 29.
- Michael, Thomas, and Tracy L. Schmidt, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1901-2000, 47th ed., Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 2019.
- Friedberg, Arthur L. and Ira S. Friedberg, Gold Coins of the World, From Ancient Times to the Present, 7th ed., Clifton, NJ: Coin and Currency Institute, 2003.
- Skingley, Philip, ed., Standard Catalogue of British Coins: Coins of England & the United Kingdom, 46th edition, London: Spink & Son, 2011.
- McDonald, Greg, The Pocket Guide to Australian Coins and Banknotes, 23rd ed., Lavington, Australia, 2017.
- Richter, Jurg, Sincona Auction 59: Gold and Silver Coins and Medals; Coins and Medals from Switzerland, Zurich: SINCONA AG, 2019.